[News] Excellent Tour of Commercial and Free Games for Linux

  • Subject: [News] Excellent Tour of Commercial and Free Games for Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 05:25:43 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Top 21 Linux Games Of 2007

,----[ Quote ]
| Below are addictive 3d games for linux users to fill their time with. These
| games are really good and some have won awards or have been featured on
| magazines. Most of it is cross platform and free. You don?t have to
| use ?Wine? to be able to play as they come with Linux installers.
`----

http://linuxgames07.blogspot.com/2007/09/top-21-linux-games-of-2007.html

Related:

Ubuntu Linux Games - Top Picks

,----[ Quote ]
| If you?ve switched to Ubuntu (as I have) or any other Linux distribution, you
| may consider the following free (and in most cases open-source) games, as
| they?ve been favorites of mine for some time now.
`----

http://thepemberton.com/posts/archives/6

Unreal Tournament 3 For Linux Confirmed

,----[ Quote ]
| While everyone was expecting Unreal Tournament 3 for Linux based upon Epic
| Games providing native Linux clients for their past Unreal Tournament titles,
| this week it was officially confirmed by Epic's Mark Rein that there will be
| a Linux client for UT3.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NTk5MQ

Related:

Half-Life 2: Deathmatch on Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Wine has lately improved by amazing leaps, even DirectX support is nowadays
| pretty good, and performance with HL2DM is pretty amazing compared to a few
| months back. And now I have HL2DM running on resolution 1440×900 and medium
| details smoothl
`----

http://kahvipapu.com/blog/2007/08/11/half-life-2-deathmatch-on-linux/

Counter-Strike on Linux