Re: 1337 Users Prefer Windows... Because of the Thrill of Having to Handle Complexity

____/ Kelsey Bjarnason on Monday 24 September 2007 17:53 : \____

> On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 08:58:31 -0700, John Bailo, Texeme.Construct wrote:
>
>> On Sep 22, 10:41 pm, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> In Windows, on the other hand, one needs to be a command-line Guru,
>>> realising that to fetch _an address_, one needs to click on Start (start
>>> /what/? Isn't
>>
>> I was recently amazed to "find" that Windows 2000 server has a "grep".
>
> It doesn't.
>
>> It's called find.
>
> It isn't.
>
>> As in, I wanted to find activity on a port so I did
>>
>> netstat -ap tcp | find "1099"
>
> Now try a regular expression.  Doesn't work.  find is a simple string
> matcher, not a grep.

That's why sysadmins install cygwin.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "How do I set my laser printer on stun?"
         run-level 2  2007-09-10 01:53                   last=