Re: [News] [Rival] NYTimes on Microsoft Regulation on WSJ on Microsoft Looking Weak

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, DFS
<nospam@xxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Sat, 22 Sep 2007 22:49:02 -0400
<TskJi.54737$7e6.44598@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> I STILL say Microsoft is DOOMED...
>
> You can say what you want.  Linux idiots have been braying the same thing
> for 10 years, and they'll bray it for the next 10.
>
> Not that any of you care, but it makes you appear stupid.

DFS does have a point.  Even if all sales of Microsoft
products were cut off tomorrow, Microsoft has enough cash
to operate for almost a year at their current burn rate
-- *without* layoffs.  ("Burn rate" as I define it here
-- I'm probably way off -- is total operating expenses,
about 21.905B.  Presumably such things as cost of sales
and income taxes would vanish under such a scenario.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/is?s=MSFT&annual

[Note in particular how well their gross profit is
expanding: from 33.588B to 40.429B, a 20% increase over
the span of just two years.  This is not a dying company,
by any means.  One could wish otherwise, of course.]

Total cash on hand is 21.06B.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ks?s=MSFT )

Expect Microsoft to be around awhile -- probably outlasting
the next Administration, in fact, absent further court actions
(such as a total dissolution of the corporation, which is
extremely unlikely).

Certainly it will outlast the current bunch o' idiots.

Especially since Vista is selling well -- if only because
people feel they can't avoid it.  (Except that they can,
if they look around a bit.)

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Is it cheaper to learn Linux, or to hire someone
to fix your Windows problems?