[News] Another Government Loves Linux

Bhutan Government comes back for a second taste of Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| The Bhutan government liked its first taste of Linux so much that it has come
| back for seconds, releasing an updated version of its Debian-based operating
| system that it launched last year.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=1550981173&rid=-50

Related:

Dzongkha Debain Linux: Made for Bhutanese

,----[ Quote ]
| The department of information and technology has come up with an operating
| system called the Dzongkha Debain Linux, an updated version of the Dzongka
| Linux developed in June 2006. The Dzongkha Debain Linux, which was launched
| on August 28, according to DIT officials, can be installed in any type of
| computers or can be used with a Live CD.
`----

http://www.kuenselonline.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=9002

Kerala On Linux Express Highway

,----[ Quote ]
| The Linux slip-road that the state took is slowly becoming an
| express highway.
|
| [...]
|
| If we twist Napoleon's quote on China a bit, we can safely say, "Linux is a
| sleeping giant, let it sleep, because when Linux moves the world moves!"
`----

http://www.efytimes.com/efytimes/fullnews.asp?edid=16139&magid=11

http://www.pressebox.com/pressemeldungen/open-source-factory-gmbh/boxid-88461.html

Indian schools to use homebrew Debian distro

,----[ Quote ]