Re: 1337 Users Prefer Windows... Because of the Thrill of Having to Handle Complexity

>I has just occurred to me that Windows was left somewhat behind in the
>'dark
> ages' of the CLI.

And it just occurred to me that Roy Schestowitz is perhaps the biggest idiot
on the planet.

> For example, in order to obtain the MAC address of a network
> device in Linux, one just need to click on buttons and follow the GUIs.
> Nice
> and easy, right?

So it's just like the way that Windows has done it for say... about 15 years
now.

> In Windows, on the other hand, one needs to be a command-line Guru,
> realising
> that to fetch _an address_, one needs to click on Start (start /what/?
> Isn't
> that an address you're trying to fetch?), then follow through to "Run..."
> (eh?
> Like running in the street?  I'm just trying to fetch an address, damn
> it.),
> then tap in cmd (blech! What does that cryptic thing mean at all?), click
> OK
> and then face a very ugly screen that does not integrate with the desktop
> (it's a legacy rusty misfit). Then, one need to tap on the keyboard,
> inputting
> all kind of characters (not even English) followed by special options (and
> dare not to type the wrong type of slash, which varies depending on your
> keyboard). Then, *bang*. A whole bunch of technical text with cryptic
> device
> names and all sorts of code! The scroll bar is sure to be needed because
> of
> all the spurious stuff that will get displayed. There is no graphical
> indication of the type of devices at hand. Just text with names of Great
> and
> Wonderful Companies. You'd better get all of this right though because
> otherwise, you  won't have that same pleasure that Linux users had when
> they
> just clicked on a few graphical icons (yes, pretty pictures) to get the
> very
> same thing faster.

Only a complete moron would do it this way which probably explains why this
is your preferred method of getting the IP address. Anyone with half a brain
would simply get the network adapter properties from the Control Panel
applet. Yes - more proof that the liar Roy Schestowitz is the dumbest of the
dumb.