[News] Proprietary Software Models No Longer Effective

  • Subject: [News] Proprietary Software Models No Longer Effective
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 12:19:59 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Proprietary software and the fall of Rome

,----[ Quote ]
| Why am I so confident? Because I compete with proprietary software vendors
| every day and it's getting harder and harder to lose to them. I'm very
| serious about this. It is hard to lose to proprietary software vendors if an
| open-source project or company is even remotely credible, because we have
| cost, quality, model, and distribution on our side.
`----

http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9783201-16.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=TheOpenRoad

Related:

The trainwreck-waiting-to-happen that is UK government IT spending

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9777862-16.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=TheOpenRoad