Re: The 'Distro" argument.

On Sep 23, 9:01 pm, Handover Phist <ja...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> [...]
> >> Probably the same reason there's so many different types of wines,
> >> personal taste.
>
> > Think of this as celebrities. You can care about 'top-tier' celebrities (I
> > don't care for them BTW), but you can follow gossip about local people who are
> > well known. Nobody is forcing you to choose.
>
> > The same goes for television and film. You can watch a homemade video on
> > YouTube, go and watch an indie film in the local cinema, or watch a $100
> > million-budget Hollywood film.
>
> > Sometimes, the simple things are actually more enjoyable and you get to know
> > those involved closer, if not even help (retro can be more enjoyable than
> > cutting-edge FPSs, because of gameplay).
>
> I agree, and I'm still a fan of the original Descent and the original
> Civilization (it was the best of them all!). But really, I think I'm
> posting to argue with another advocate. Not someone advocating something
> else.
>
> > Untouchables are those whom you cannot praise for a good film.... or a distro.
> > There is nothing as rewarding as being a part of the software you use and even
> > contribute some code ('DNA') to it. When I use WordPress, for example, I feel
> > like a part of it.
>
> One of the reasons I used the wine analogy is because I've been making
> my own for a few months now. It's better than the stuff in the stores,
> and seems to fit.
>

> >> Linux users are very much aficianados of operating systems, we've tasted
> >> many of them and often choose a favorite, but like to switch up once in
> >> awhile. Ocassionally we like to brew our own, just to see what we can
> >> come up with, what complexities and flavors we can coax out of the
> >> available ingredients.
>
> >> Some folks go to the liquor store, pick up a bottle of Eau De Plonk and
> >> are happy with it. Good for them. That doesn't mean the rest of us are
> >> going to settle. For some of us, the plonk just isn't good enough.
>
> >> To tie the theme of this little post up, I'll use Windows, but only when
> >> I'm in the mood to and it's the most appropriate for the situation. It's
> >> not a craft product, it's a commercial product, and it's flavors all
> >> seem very similar. Craft products tend to have more complex and subtle
> >> flavors.
>
> > Windows is to wine what Coca Cola is to a dinner at a fine restaurant.
>
> When I think of the number of man hours that have gone into development,
> it pains me to hear that about Windows. Dont get me wrong, I dont think
> Windows is an excellent server machine, but for a very very basic
> desktop system, it serves. The security has to be rewritten from the
> ground up, but the desktop environment is pretty good.
>
> Too bad development goes though 12 layers of management, that will stall
> Vista development for longer than it has been already.
>
> --
> I'm a soldier, not a diplomat.  I can only tell the truth.
>                 -- Kirk, "Errand of Mercy", stardate 3198.9

Suck it baby SUCK IT!

You Linux fools are soooooooooooooooooo funny.

It's like 5 of you bozo's posting one after the other making all kinds
of strange claims about Linux taking over Microsoft.
I don't see it.
Neither does anyone else with a brain.

it goes like this:

Roy Schestowitz
Mark "boring as all hell" Kent
High Plains Thumper (Sounds gay to me?)
Roy
Mark
William "filters" Poaster (WTF??)
Roy "Robert Parsonage" Cully (He owns the troll blog site and nym
shifts all the time)
and back to Roy again.

OVER and over and over and overOVER and over and over and overOVER and
over and over and overOVER and over and over and overOVER and over and
over and overOVER and over and over and over
OVER and over and over and over

again.......289 times a day....