[News] [Rival] Steve Ballmer Claimed Not to be Paid Enough (and More Financial Funny Business Identified)

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Steve Ballmer Claimed Not to be Paid Enough (and More Financial Funny Business Identified)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 23:53:39 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Microsoft CEO's Pay Valued at $1.3M

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft's compensation committee "believes that Mr. Ballmer is underpaid
| for his role and performance," according to the filing.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070921/microsoft_executive_compensation.html?.v=3

Of course. Patent terrorists deserve better pay. McBride has gotten a payrise
as well... a couple of weeks ago, IIRC.

Housing slump yields Microsoft loss on CFO's home

,----[ Quote ]
| Redmond, Washington-based Microsoft sold the home in its 2007 fiscal year on
| the open market -- for significantly less than it paid.
|
| The real estate loss was included in a $2 million "relocation expense" for
| Liddell. A Microsoft spokesman would not disclose details of the transaction,
| but said a bulk of that relocation expense was for a loss on the home's sale.
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idUKN2142978520070921?rpc=44

Related:

How To Make A Microserf Smile

,----[ Quote ]
| When Ballmer floated the HR job in April, 2005, Brummel said: No way. But
| Ballmer wasn't about to take no for an answer. Picking up a traveling golf
| putter, the Microsoft chief started taking it apart as he barreled around
| Brummel's office, hammering home why she was the perfect candidate. As an
| outsider unsullied by HR dogma, he said, she'd bring a fresh approach.
| Besides, Ballmer argued, Brummel was hugely popular and had the people skills
| to get the job done. The two went back and forth, with Ballmer slapping
| Brummel's whiteboard for emphasis and Brummel parrying with: "But I love
| doing products." After more than two hours, Ballmer ended the meeting. By
| then the putter was in pieces. "Sorry about the golf club," he said.
`----

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/07_37/b4049065.htm

Behavior May Suggest We're Not Only Human

,----[ Quote ]
| When Emory University primatologist Frans de Waal read a news story that
| said Microsoft's chief executive, Steve Ballmer, had hurled a chair
| across the room on hearing an employee was going to work for rival
| Google, the scientist immediately made a connection with his own
| research: "When I see such behavior, I think of a chimpanzee."
`----

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/03/18/AR2007031801130.html?nav=rss_nation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballmer#Public_persona

Beyond the PC: Ballmer's Battle Plan

,----[ Quote ]
| "The word 'intense' was invented for Ballmer, who met with us in a
| green room that had a paper sign with his name taped to the door.
| While he was at first warm and engaging, a question about security
| features shifted his mood. His eyes, soft when he smiles, grew dark.
| The usually boisterous Ballmer became unexpectedly quiet and soon
| exited the room without saying goodbye. Still, he had a lot to
| say to SmartMoney senior writer Dyan Machan before he did.
`----

http://www.smartmoney.com/mag/ceo/index.cfm?story=april2007

How will Microsoft respond to Linux success?

,----[ Quote ]
| More anti-Linux marketing campaigns
|
| Threatening customers with potential lawsuits
|
| Appear to be open source friendly
|
| Lower the price of their software
|
| Sabotage open source communities
`----

http://useopensource.blogspot.com/2007/09/how-will-microsoft-respond-to-linux.html

“Fucking Eric Schmidt is a fucking pussy. I’m going to fucking bury that guy, I
have done it before, and I will do it again. I’m going to fucking kill
Google.”

             –Steve Ballmer, Microsoft CEO

“Linux is a cancer that attaches itself in an intellectual property sense to
everything it touches.”

             –Steve Ballmer, Microsoft CEO