Re: [News] Bulgarian Linux Distribution Awakens After a Year of Calm

____/ Mark Kent on Friday 21 September 2007 12:22 : \____

>> ____/ Mark Kent on Friday 21 September 2007 09:23 : \____
>>
>>> The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> It's a very interesting project, although I suspect that by the time its
>>> really usable, the world might well have moved on to linux anyway, which
>>> is quite similar to what happened to the FreeDOS Project.  It's still
>>> live and lively, but doesn't have the kudos it had back when most
>>> people's best machine was a 486, and they still had old 386 and 286
>>> machines around and needed a free OS.  Similar story for the ELKS
>>> project, too, I think.
>>>
>>> Still, I saw ReactOS running at a Linux expo a couple of years ago,
>>> doing quake, but with emulated OpenGL.
>>
>> Some people say that the project has legal uncertainty. One of the project's
>> leader (if not *the* leader) recently defected to Microsoft, IIRC.
>>
>> It makes you wonder if a virus-prone O/S is being built the open source way,
>> with all the fundamental design flaws. This isn't a way of making fun of
>> this project, which I admire by the way. It could allow you to run some old
>> games like Sam & Max (that's what the pictures showed).
>>

> Personally, I've always thought that supporting linux would, in the
> long-run, be more beneficial than trying to reverse-engineer Windows.

Unless, of course, those trying to reinvent Windows are bound to do so properly
(inversion of the famous UNIX quote).

.oʍʇ sɐ buıɥʇ ɥɔns ou s,ǝɹǝɥʇ 'ɹǝpuǝq 'ʎɹɹoʍ ʇ,uop :ʎɹɟ
.oʍʇ ɐ ʍɐs ı ʇɥbnoɥʇ ı puɐ ...ǝɹǝɥʍʎɹǝʌǝ soɹǝz puɐ sǝuo .ɯɐǝɹp 1nɟʍɐ uɐ
ʇɐɥʍ 'ɥɥɥɐ :ɹǝpuǝq
Mem:    515500k total,   444588k used,    70912k free,     1992k buffers