Re: [News] ALL Macedonian Schools Will Move to Linux!!!!

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Linonut
<linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Fri, 21 Sep 2007 13:13:31 GMT
<slrnff7gs4.f9l.linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> After takin' a swig o' grog, DFS belched out this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> Linonut wrote:
>>> After takin' a swig o' grog, DFS belched out this bit o' wisdom:

>>> You only see what you want to see.
>>
>> I see everything - I believe less.

Right.  Let me know what's happening on the other side
of the Andromeda galaxy, that's a good fellow...

:-)

> All I see is about a 5-fold increase in Linux usage in my circle of
> acquaintances, and a customer hiring us to develop a Linux solution to
> their new "smart box", as well as to port some existing software to it.
>
> For the, that is obvious progress, and in an area of the country that is
> in many ways very parochial.
>
> So count me as highly encouraged.

One of the nice things about Linux: apart from such things
as audio and video (which are presumably still works in
progress), porting is fairly simple.

That's the power of standards.

Were Microsoft to have their way presumably "multiplatform"
would be "only platforms that run Windows", "multiuser"
would be "only users who run Windows", and "multiprocessor"
would be "only processors who run Windows", etc., etc. ad
nauseam.

Competition is supposed to be unsettling. :-)

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Useless C/C++ Programming Idea #11823822:
signal(SIGKILL, catchkill);