Re: [News] Linn Makes Open Source Music Software

____/ thad05@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on Thursday 10 April 2008 14:40 : \____

> ml2mst <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> sudo apt-get install ubuntustudio-desktop ubuntustudio-gdm-theme
>> ubuntustudio-audio ubuntustudio-audio-plugins
>> ubuntustudio-default-settings ubuntustudio-icon-theme
>> ubuntustudiolauncher ubuntustudio-graphics ubuntustudio-look
>> ubuntustudio-menu ubuntustudio-screensaver ubuntustudio-sounds
>> ubuntustudio-wallpapers ubuntustudio-video usplash-theme-ubuntustudio
>> ubuntustudio-theme
>>
>> Paste it in a terminal window and let apt do all the work for you.
>
> I've been playing with ubuntu studio for a few months now including
> optional video editing stuff.  It still has a few rough edges as
> far as UI appearance, but overall I'm very impressed.  It can do
> most everything you would expect from a commercial suite costing
> thousands.
>
> Thad

I quite like its dark theme (a matter of taste), but it's probably not a very
polished theme. Of course, you could change that with a few mouseclicks,
assuming the developers didn't apply some odd changes.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Vista: as the reputation of "Longhorn" was mucked
Tasks: 127 total,   1 running, 126 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie