Re: [News] Linn Makes Open Source Music Software

____/ [H]omer on Thursday 10 April 2008 09:58 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Tech Tuesday was a big success and debuted the Linn Sneaky Music DS
>
> [quote]
> We built on top of the open source RTEMS kernel, added multi-threading
> and TCP/IP, and put that back into the open source. The guys at NASA
> were quite pleased!
> [/quote]
>
> Excellent. I had no idea Linn were involved in kernel development.
>
> "Microsoft picked up the tab for drinks and food"
>
> Unbelievable! They just can't stop trying to bribe people, can they?
> What the Hell do those goons want; "here's a hamburger, now dump Linux"?

Yeah, I saw that one. Microsoft is trying to throw away money at the problem. I
hardly post about this here, but Microsoft sponsors just about every FOSS and
Linux conference these days and uses Novell as an excuse to invite. It then
tries to steal the show. Many people are very unhappy, based on reports; the
rest are bribed, so they keep quiet.

Modern man is the missing link between Neanderthals and the civilised man
         run-level 2  2008-03-19 11:51                   last=