Re: [News] Microsoft ActiveX Controls Strike Again, Dumping Recommended

* Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:

>> New Attack Kit Targets Bag of ActiveX Bugs
>>
>> http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,144214-pg,1/article.html
>
> This is complete bullshit.

Speaking of ActiveX, I finally brought up the virtual billy box so's I
could use Internut Exploder to get those goddam certificates they now
require us to have, so that the rest of the corporate morons can ignore
the "unsigned" flags and continue to clear on "spear-phishing" links
<groan>.

I then exported the certs using Outhouse Express, and then imported them
into Evolution.

Evolution is almost as bad as Outbreak, but still a little more
convenient than webmail, though it uses the same link as webmail.

I haven't been able to find OWA for fetchmail, so's I could use a real
emailer (mutt).

Too bad corporate IT won't support IMAP, SMTP, and POP3.

--
Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.
   -- Bill Gates, Business @ The Speed of Thought (1999)