Re: [News] Linux Mint Receives Good Review from Windows Lover

____/ Sinister Midget on Tuesday 08 April 2008 02:08 : \____

> On 2008-04-07, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:
>> Mini-Review: Linux Mint 4.0 'Daryna'
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Linux Mint is a nice distribution. It is certainly not revolutionary, and
>>| it would be hard to find any specific advantages Mint has over 'plain'
>>| Ubuntu (apart from its looks), but overall, it does feel as a very coherent
>>| package, with considerable thought put into all aspects of the system.
>>| Especially in the looks department, Mint kicks Ubuntu's butt.
>
> I liked it more than plain Ubuntu because I didn't suffer the
> hesitations that I always had with Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Nubuntu
> and any other *buntu I may have left out.

Some people don't care about binary/proprietary issues (philosophy), so maybe
it's a good option to have after all. With so many migrations to Linux, the
more options, the merrier.

The FSF never minded Mint's method of doing things...

Microsoft: a device for converting public ignorance into cash
Tasks: 111 total,   1 running, 109 sleeping,   0 stopped,   1 zombie