[News] Everex Introduces Another New GNU/Linux PC

Everex's new MyMiniPC: $500 and gOS-powered

,----[ Quote ]
| Everex is popping off a new gOS powered box tonight, given the unfortunate
| monicker of MyMiniPC. While $500 is way more than enough to get you started
| on a low-end Windows box (and even most of the way there toward a Mac mini),
| the MyMiniPC comes equipped with a 1.86GHz Pentium T2130 and 512MB RAM
| running gOS "Space", a 120GB drive, DVD±RW, firewire, four USB 2.0 ports, DVI
| and S-Video out gigabit Ethernet, media reader, and standard audio ins/outs.
`----

http://www.engadget.com/2008/04/07/everexs-new-myminipc-500-and-gos-powered/

Looks nice.

Related:

CloudBooks may use Intel's Diamondville processor

,----[ Quote ]
| Everex is refreshing its CloudBook line of ultraportable, Linux-based
| notebooks with redesigned models that may eventually include low-power Intel
| Diamondville processors, bigger screens, and more storage.
`----

http://www.infoworld.com/article/08/03/07/Cloudbooks-may-use-Intel-Diamondville_1.html

Everex Names ZaReason Authorized Reseller of $199 gPC

,----[ Quote ]
| "Most of the people who buy systems from us want some type of
| customization," states ZaReason CEO, Cathy Malmrose. "Our entire R&D
| department is driven by people asking for different components or unique
| configurations. We anticipate this system will be purchased by Linux users
| for their family and friends over the holidays."
`----

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/12-05-2007/0004717232&EDATE=

Modest new PC costs just $199

,----[ Quote ]
| I found the gPC and its gOS operating system easy to use.
|
| For example, just clicking anywhere on the open desktop brings up an
| equivalent to the Windows Start menu, and right-clicking gets you a menu of
| popular programs. I also like the Package Manager, a part of Ubuntu, which
| finds and easily installs dozens of free and open-source programs.
`----

http://www.baltimoresun.com/business/bal-bz.pl.cheappc29nov29,0,161094.story

A short look at gOS

,----[ Quote ]
| So after downloading the gOS Live ISO onto my Debian Etch system I started
| Innotek’s VirtualBox, bound the freshly downloaded ISO as a CD-ROM, made a
| 4GB virtual hard disk image for installing it, gave that virtual computer
| 256MB of RAM, and started...
`----

http://blog.thedebianuser.org/?p=255

Gosh, gOS is good

,----[ Quote ]
| I really liked gOS. It's a cute little system with lots of functionality and
| great looks. It works well and is fast and stable on my laptop. It should
| work on any computer that any other Linux supports. Enlightenment is an
| impressive desktop environment, and the iBar is a low-overhead way to blend
| cool effects with needed functionality. I think users will like it.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/121151

ReviewLinux.Com: gOS is worth looking into....

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.reviewlinux.com/?m=show&id=8247