Re: The geeks were right; music labels bow to technology

____/ Linonut on Monday 07 April 2008 12:35 : \____

> * Mark Kent peremptorily fired off this memo:
>
>> [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx> espoused:
>>> Verily I say unto thee, that toolassembler@xxxxxxxxx spake thusly:

>>> "In the near term, we're likely to see more job cuts and shrinking
>>> revenue in the sector as we transition into what Forrester Research
>>> analyst James McQuivey calls Music 2.0."
>>>
>>> Music 2.0 ... hehe. I like it.
>>
>> The days of technologically enforced monopolies have come to an end.
>
> I wouldn't count on that, Mark.
>
>> One wonders just what the impact on capitalism generally will be.
>
> Let me know when we have community-based satellite and cable TV.

Community Wi-Fi is possible and so is distributed VoIP on a mesh, but the
dinosaurs try to sabotage or slow that down.

> And cars.

That's physical, no signal.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Windows: backward-compatible, even for viruses
 15:05:01 up 19 days,  2:14,  4 users,  load average: 1.59, 1.68, 1.76