Re: Novell chief: We helped Microsoft be more open ..

____/ Doug Mentohl on Saturday 05 April 2008 16:03 : \____

> Q: What did you make of Microsoft's open specification promise?
>
> .. I give them a lot of credit for their desire to be more open ..
>
> Q: And they have only agreed not to sue non-commercial Linux
> offerings, right?
>
> Well, you know, crawl, walk, run... If we weren't in this relationship,
> then do you think they would be where they are now?
>
> Q: So you are saying that your 2006 agreement with Microsoft laid the
> ground for their alleged commitment to be more open early this year?
>
> Absolutely, they have been much more open since that point.
>
> http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/0,1000000121,39369884,00.htm

Sam Varghese responded to this Ballvespian interview here:

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/17458/1090/

Not looking good for Novell, harbouring a corrupt company.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Life is too short to proofread"
 16:20:01 up 17 days,  3:29,  4 users,  load average: 0.25, 0.51, 0.68