[News] New Company Sells Series of PCs with PCLinuxOS Preinstalled

LinPC: PCLinuxOS Preinstalled Systems

,----[ Quote ]
| Pay close attention to the details. At first glance our prices may seem
| higher than other Linux offerings. But our systems come standard with an AMD
| Athlon 4200+ dual-core cpu and 1GB DDR2 memory. We also use a Full tower case
| with a 430 watt power supply. We can not call our systems "Green" but it sure
| is upgradeable.
`----

http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/25687

No Microsoft, no Intel, no Ballnux.

Related:

Review: PCLinuxOS 2007 Final release

,----[ Quote ]
| Anyway, with that aside PCLOS2007 is a cracking release that lives up
| to all the promise that the test releases offered. Everything worked
| and the entire experience was indeed "radically simple".
`----

http://www.seopher.com/articles/review_pclinuxos_2007_final_release

Heavenly Hardware Support

,----[ Quote ]
| Printer, camera, scanner--all detected and configured in less than 2 minutes.
| PCLinuxOS has knocked my socks off!
`----

http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2007-09-26-014-26-RV-DT-MD

Help! Microsoft is holding me hostage!

,----[ Quote ]
| My week-long fight with Vista resulted in some lasting wounds. Besides the
| loss of productivity, I’m left with a non-refundable set-up charge from the
| big-box computer store for getting the first computer running. But my scars
| have taught me something valuable about the prevailing social attitude toward
| computers. Microsoft isn’t really the enemy – defeatism is. And we don’t have
| to succumb.
`----

http://thechronicleherald.ca/Columnists/898876.html

PCLinuxOS - the new Number One distribution

,----[ Quote ]
| PCLinuxOS As many of you noticed, PCLinuxOS has overtaken Ubuntu in our Page
| Hit Ranking statistics and is currently occupying the top spot on the default
| 6-month view for the first time.
`----

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20070917#editorial

PCLinuxOS gaining more popularity than Ubuntu?

,----[ Quote ]
| This may not be as absurd a claim as you may think, especially when you take
| into consideration the minor backlash that Ubuntu has experienced. So is
| PCLinuxOS the next poster-child of usable Linux?
`----

http://www.seopher.com/articles/pclinuxos_gaining_more_popularity_than_ubuntu_

PCLinuxOS: Linux Distribution

,----[ Quote ]
| One notable difference from Mandriva is the program used to install
| extra software. We found this much easier to use and includes useful
| software such as graphics drivers.
|
| Unlike some other distributions, PCLinuxOS can play back
| proprietary multimedia files (including wma, mp3, mpg, rm,
| mov) without having to install extra software. DVD playback
| software is not included but can be installed with the
| standard installation tool.
`----

http://www.computeractive.co.uk/computeractive/downloads/2191819/pclinuxos-linux-distribution

Review: PcLinuxOS 2007

,----[ Quote ]
| While PcLinuxOS does still have a bit of growing to do, out of all the
| linux distributions out there, I'd easily rate this one as the best in
| every way because of all that it does, how easy it is to use, how ready
| it is to use out of the box, and most especially in the area of
| appeasing both camps, the new user and the experienced user.
`----

http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=249

PClinuxOS 2007.0 Review

,----[ Quote ]