Re: [News] Op-ed: What If Microsoft Moved to Its 'Dark Side'?

____/ 7 on Saturday 05 April 2008 10:26 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> ____/ 7 on Friday 04 April 2008 23:56 : \____

>>> So what's new here?
>>> Failing companies always think the grass is greener on the other
>>> side and start buying media companies, advertising companies
>>> and stock brokers thinking they know better.
>>>
>>> Historically most have ended in disaster.
>>
>> Microsoft is quite doomed with or without Yahoo. I'm not the only one
>> arguing so. Microsoft just happens to choose to become irrelevant and take
>> down Yahoo /with/ it.
>

> Thats exactly what I was thinking.
> They have more money than they need and instead of spending it as dividends
> or restructuring to reshape into a changing market like normal companies,
> they are spreading out their with their evil seeds trying to harm
> other companies, other markets, get involved in politics, asstroturfing,
> milking customers, stealing data,,, etc etc.
> There is no evil that Micoshaft Corporation has not touched on.
> There is end of evil people that have made their home at micoshaft
> corporation. And there is no end of evil people working as minions
> for micoshaft corporation.
> No wonder they hate free software.
> It makes them puke when they see all that goodness.

There are people on both sides of this debate/situation, based on what Eben
Moglen thinks (he visited the company). Some people try to reform Microsoft
but Ballmer and Gates are the 'cry babies' who are obsessed with wealth at all
cost.

About Yahoo, it's looking rocky at the moment, but I'm beginning to think that
I'd rather see a Microsoft in debt than a Microsoft with a dying Flickr, dying
del.icio.us, dying Geocities etc. (I have accounts in these)

Roy S. Schestowitz    The Holy Bible: http://www.gtk.org/documentation.html
Tasks: 105 total,   1 running, 104 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie