Re: [News] Red Hat and World's Largest Countries Deal a Blow to OOXML

"netcat" <netcat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 02:10:48 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>

>> World's Hottest Tech Markets Voted Against Microsoft OOXML
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Brazil, India, and China, which together count for more than a third
>> | of the world's population, all voted against Office Open XML last
>> | week.
>
> "ODF is a standard and people like it, so if we make OOXML a standard
> people will like OOXML, too".
>
> Wrong. :)
>
> MS has totally missed the point.

No,* you're* missing the point!

Microsoft has certainly made a good move with their OOXML adoption as an ISO
standard, as much as I detest it. Many countries were planning to mandate
only ISO standardized document formats thereby locking Microsoft out of a
very lucrative market and potentially giving their adversaries new wings.
Now that OOXML is also an ISO standard, there will be very few countries
that will actually make the switch.

We both may find Micrsoft a dispicable company, but please do not think them
stupid, they're NOT!