[News] More OOXML Irregularities Reported: Malaysia, France

Reports: Malaysia unmoved in OOXML vote

,----[ Quote ]
| Minister ignored objections
| According to Open Malaysia, the Malaysian Industrial Standards Committee for
| IT (ISC-G) took a vote on Mar. 27 to decide the country's stance on the
| OOXML-ISO vote, with 13 disapprovals, five abstentions and only three
| approvals.
|
| By eventually taking the decision to abstain in the OOXML ISO ballot, Maximus
| Ongkili, who is two weeks into the job as Minister of Science, Technology and
| Innovation--following the country's Mar. 8 general elections--appeared to
| have ignored the ISC-G's majority "disapprove" vote.
`----

http://www.zdnetasia.com/news/software/0,39044164,62039739,00.htm

Can AFNOR really change the OOXML vote to "abstain"?

,----[ Quote ]
| Having participated within the responsible technical committee of the Swiss
| Association for Standardization and considering the decision-making process
| that has been used to be unsatisfactory, I find it interesting to look at how
| things have been handled in other countries, in order to see what can be
| learned from that. I plan to focus my attention in this regard on countries
| where the primary language is German, English or French, so that I will be
| able to understand any relevant documents which might become available to the
| public or personally to me.
`----

http://adaptux.com/blog/2008-04-02/OOXML/France

Microsoft's ISO win may worsen its antitrust woes

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft may have won a year-long quest to make its OOXML (Office Open XML)
| document format an ISO-recognized international standard, but claims of foul
| play in the voting process may come back to haunt the software giant when the
| European Commission concludes its latest antitrust investigation of
| Microsoft's business practices.
`----

http://www.infoworld.com/article/08/04/01/Microsofts-ISO-win-may-worsen-its-antitrust-woes_1.html

Yesterday:

Sarkozy intervenes in France to revert the OOXML position

,----[ Quote ]
| Confidential sources say that President Sarkozy has intervened himself in the
| French position on Microsoft OOXML, asking members of the committee to revert
| their position, and support an abstention. Our sources say he was approached
| by a lobbyist during his 3-days trip in England. The intervention has been
| made on Friday.
`----

http://www.noooxml.org/forum/t-50670/sarkozy-intervenes-in-france-to-revert-the-ooxml-position

Days ago:

The France Shift From No to Abstain -- HP helped Microsoft France do it