Re: [News] [Rival] OOXML Corruption: French President Claimed Personally Involved

____/ Linonut on Wednesday 02 April 2008 13:11 : \____

>> Sarkozy intervenes in France to revert the OOXML position
>> OOXML 'Approved' Amid Voting Controversy
>> Fran Nevrkla Identifies a Copyright Gap
>> Is Sarko Uxorious?
>
> <giggle>
>
>> Lessig: Required Reading: the next 10 years
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Yet governments continue to push ahead with this idiot idea -- both Britain
>>| and Japan for example are considering extending existing terms. Why?
>>|
>>| The answer is a kind of corruption of the political process. Or better,
>>| a "corruption" of the political process. I don't mean corruption in the
>>| simple sense of bribery. I mean "corruption" in the sense that the
>>| system is so queered by the influence of money that it can't even get
>>| an issue as simple and clear as term extension right.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.lessig.org/blog/archives/003800.shtml#003800
>
>    That the real problem here was (what I will call a "corruption" of)
>    the political process. That our government can't understand basic
>    facts when strong interests have an interest in its misunderstanding.
>
> Sound familiar, OOXML followers?
>
> Here's another:
>
>    But a third person -- this time anonymous -- made me realize that I
>    wanted to be one of these many trying to find a solution to this
>    "corruption." This man, a Republican of prominence in Washington,
>    wrote me a reply to an email I had written to him about net
>    neutrality. As he wrote, "And don't shill for the big guys protecting
>    market share through neutrality REGULATION either."
>
>    "Shill."
>
>    If you've been reading these pages recently, you'll know my allergy
>    to that word. But this friend's use of the term not to condemn me,
>    but rather as play, made me recognize just how general this
>    corruption is. Of course he would expect I was in the pay of those
>    whose interests I advanced. Why else would I advance them? Both he
>    and I were in a business in which such shilling was the norm. It was
>    totally reasonable to thus expect that money explained my desire to
>    argue with him about public policy.

Yes, it's not hard bribery, but a case of corporations and politicians offering
each other 'protection'.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Download Reversi: http://othellomaster.com
Tasks: 103 total,   2 running, 101 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie