[News] KDE Roots Dribble Into GNOME

ANNOUNCEMENT: The Future of Epiphany

,----[ Quote ]
| We will propose WebKit as an approved external dependency for Gnome.
|
|   In case that we are unable to complete this development in time for
| 2.24.0, we will delay the new Epiphany to 2.26. For this end, we will
| maintain the gnome-2-22 branch in a state that allows us to potentially
| make the 2.24.0 release off of that branch.
`----

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/epiphany-list/2008-April/msg00000.html

Related:

Creating rich Internet applications on Linux with WebKit

,----[ Quote ]
| The open-source WebKit HTML rendering engine is rapidly gaining ground on the
| Linux platform where it is increasingly being adopted by conventional desktop
| applications for content display. Ongoing efforts to facilitate tighter
| WebKit integration are opening the door for developing rich Internet
| applications on Linux with the open-source GTK and Qt development toolkits.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080303-creating-rich-internet-applications-on-linux-with-webkit.html

Browser Wars - Reloaded

,----[ Quote ]
| The dispute over WebKit and KHTML reached a new peak today. With Harri Porten
| yesterday a KHTML supporter already pubslished his position on the subject
| and today Zack Rusin, a WebKit supporter, answered.
`----

http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2007/10/24/browser-wars-reloaded/

Webkit vs. Mozilla: Should Firefox jump on the Webkit bandwagon?

,----[ Quote ]
| As the Mozilla folks start making plans to plan for the Mozilla 2 codebase,
| Matt Gertner over at the AllPeers blog has a radical suggestion: Dump the
| Gecko rendering engine and embrace WebKit.
`----

http://www.linux-mag.com/id/4144

Opera files EU antitrust suit against Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/management/government-law/legislation/news/index.cfm?newsid=6663