Re: "End of Life" announcement for Ubuntu 6.10

____/ Linonut on Wednesday 02 April 2008 02:14 : \____

> * Matt peremptorily fired off this memo:
>
>> Josef Moellers wrote:
>>
>>> If Microsoft decides not to support XP any more, then people are must
>>> shell out some cash to get Vista.
>>>
>>> BTW The Nuisance of switching from one to the next is there in both cases.
>>>
>>> I rather click on the "Upgrade" button and keep the dough.
>>
>> But don't forget that when you pay for Windows, you have a chance of
>> getting back some of your money years later as an award in an antitrust
>> class-action suit.
>
> That's like getting your clothes ruined by a washing machine and getting
> back a $23 class-action settlement award.

Sounds like money laundering. Is that legal?

Microsoft loves competition.
"We need to slaughter Novell before they get stronger….If you’re going to kill
someone, there isn’t much reason to get all worked up about it and angry. You
just pull the trigger. Any discussions beforehand are a waste of time. We need
to smile at Novell while we pull the trigger."

                --Jim Allchin, Platform Group Vice President