[News] Can You Put Vista and Leopard on a Thumb Drive Like GNU/Linux?

Dear Distros: Embrace USB Installs!!!

,----[ Quote ]
| A while ago I purchased a new laptop. I carry it everywhere, and I've had
| several lead bricks in the past, so I opted for something small and light.
| The Fujitsu T2010 has been one of the best electronic gadgets I have ever
| owned. I have not regretted my choice for a second, which is odd for me.
`----

http://groundstate.ca/node/1232

KDE prettified a little:

Setting up a nice looking KDE - For Beginners

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE is my preferred choice of desktop and every time I install a distribution
| I spend around an hour customizing it to my taste. Most of the distributions
| provide customized KDE but most of the customization go into the functional
| aspect of KDE(which should be the case) . This guide does not intent to point
| out to a specific choice but rather tells what can be done with a fresh KDE.
`----

http://planetoss.com/detail.php?id=9

Related:

Automated Installer for USB Flash Thumbdrives

,----[ Quote ]
| This tool will automate the installation of Debian GNU/Linux onto a USB
| Flash Media.
`----

http://feraga.com/project/autoinstaller

Mandriva Flash 2008 First Look

,----[ Quote ]
| Both the Metisse and Compiz Fusion 3D desktops worked well on the laptop, but
| were disabled on the old desktop. I'm not sure why people really want 3D
| desktops, however: it's just eye-candy.
`----

http://weblog.infoworld.com/stratdev/archives/2007/12/mandriva_flash.html

Mandriva Flash 2008: Bigger and better

,----[ Quote ]
| While several other distros are designed specifically to run off external USB
| drives, Mandriva Flash still offers a good alternative worth paying for.
| First of all, you don't have to get your hands dirty installing a Linux
| distro on a USB stick and spend time configuring it. Unlike other distros,
| Mandriva Flash offers a full-featured desktop with all the frills and fancy
| trimmings, including 3-D desktop effects.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/122980

New 2008 Mandriva Flash 4GB Released today

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.mandriva.com/enterprise/en/company/press/new-2008-mandriva-flash-4gb-released-today