Re: About one-fourth of new corporate computers to get Vista in 2008Q2

____/ Matt on Tuesday 01 April 2008 05:22 : \____

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/143960/leopard_beats_vista_for_corporate_satisfaction.html

>> In a February survey of 2,200 U.S. corporate computer users,
>
>> More than half -- 53% -- of the computers companies plan to buy in the
>> second quarter will be equipped with Windows XP, the survey said, compared
>> to 20% with a version of Windows Vista and just 8% with Mac OS X.
>
> So of the 81% (53% + 20% + 7%) of planned new corporate computers for
> which the planned OS is known, about one-fourth (20%/81%) will get
> Vista.  In short, Vista has a one-fourth market share in corporate
> computers.
>
> Vista's general PC market share is considerably higher than one-fourth
> (at least 40%), so Vista licenses are concentrated among non-corporate
> buyers.

Windows Vista: Sold but not deployed
                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^
,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft says it remains happy with enterprise sales of Vista -- however,
| the software behemoth acknowledges that many businesses which have bought
| Vista licences are yet to deploy the software.
`----

http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/software/soa/Windows-Vista-Sold-but-not-deployed/0,130061733,339284495,00.htm

Will Windows Vista Succeed In 2008? Don't Count On It

,----[ Quote ]
| Vista has certainly been slow out of the gate. Sure, Microsoft is putting the
| operating system on newly shipped systems, but Vista sales didn’t benefit
| from the upgrade surge that previous OSes got upon release. A year after it
|                                                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| began shipping, less than one percent of corporate desktops are running
|                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| Vista.
| ^^^^^
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2008/01/will_windows_vi.html

Feeling the heat at Microsoft

| you who is Microsoft's biggest competitor now, who would it be?

| to go with that.
`----

http://www.news.com/Feeling-the-heat-at-Microsoft/2008-1012_3-6232458.html?tag=ne.fd.mnbc

Microsoft's SEC:

,----[ Quote ]
| A prominent example of open source software is the Linux operating system...
| To the extent open source software gains increasing market acceptance, sales
| of our products may decline, we may have to reduce the prices we charge for
| our products, and revenue and operating margins may consequently decline.
`----

http://www. microsoft.com/msft/SEC/default.mspx

A big lie is a lie so big that you can't think past it.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Stand for nothing and you will fall for anything"
 06:05:01 up 12 days, 17:14,  5 users,  load average: 0.59, 1.04, 1.08