[News] 2 Reviews of a 25 MB GNU/Linux Distribution

First look at SliTaz GNU/Linux 1.0, the smallest desktop distro on earth

,----[ Quote ]
| I haven't been this impressed with a new Linux distribution for a long time.
| A compact package with basic applications, a web server and web development
| tools, an excellent package manager, remastering utilities and good
| auto-configuration scripts - all in a 25 MB download. What more can one need?
| While SliTaz GNU/Linux is unlikely to satisfy every user's needs, the project
| is a great testament to the old saying that good things come in a small
| package. It is also a tribute to the infinite versatility of Linux and free
| software. Give SliTaz a try, you will like it!
`----

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20080331#feature

A quick look over SliTaz 1.0

,----[ Quote ]
| The bottom line? I liked SliTaz for its extremely low system requirements,
| and I particularly liked the package manager.
`----

http://beranger.org/index.php?page=diary&2008/03/31/07/04/42-a-quick-look-over-slitaz-1-0

"We should dedicate a cross-group team to come up with ways to leverage Windows
technically more."

                                --Jim Allchin, Microsoft

Related:

SliTaz GNU/Linux, the Smallest “Desktop” Distro Ever Created

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.junauza.com/2008/03/slitaz-gnulinux-smallest-desktop-distro.html