Re: [News] Request for Norway's OOXML vote to be annulled and for an official investigation

____/ 7 on Monday 31 March 2008 22:42 : \____

> netcat wrote:
>
>> http://www.groklaw.net/
>>
>> Monday, March 31 2008 @ 02:47 PM EDT
>>
>> "There has now been a formal protest filed, stating that due to
>> irregularities, Norway's Yes vote should be changed to No and informing
>> ISO that there has been a request for an investigation by the Norwegian
>> Ministry of Trade and Industry..."
>

> Good, I hope they lock up Steve Blammer himself if he fails to
> turn up for the hearings.
>
> Some of these international companies are so big and the people
> running them are so protected that no one can get at them when
> they are DIRECTLY involved in corruption and orchestrating
> every step. Someone has to sign the cheques, someone has to
> coordinate the corruption, someone has to organise the illegal
> intelligence work behind the corruption.
>
> Naturally, these people are so big they are above the law.

It was quite predictable that Microsoft's struggle to remain relevant would
involve a lot of crime. The company grew up and sustained itself in crime, so
why not get criminal all the way when it approaches debt?

Sadly, for Microsoft, it did a lot more damage than good. It's like a bad trip
that started with hijacking someone's car, then evolved into a police chase.
Microsoft, realising that it has already guaranteed jail time or a life
sentence, decides that it has nothing to lose, pulls out the pistol and goes
all the way.

Microsoft thought gentle lobbying might do the trick and that things will work
out over time, but with an executive exodus and rivals growing very quickly,
it wasn't so. So then came the briberies, the bullying, and whatnot...

Expect heavy fines and a mental embargo from many.

Readers' discretion is advised when reading articles inspired by Microsoft
press releases.
 01:20:03 up 12 days, 12:29,  5 users,  load average: 2.00, 1.95, 1.85