Re: Why is DFS afraid of PCLinuxOS

> Doof is part of the Microsoft ecosystem, which is collapsing at the moment.

Nonsense, Roy, Microsoft isn't collapsing.  They've been suffering some
problems, and some of those problems would kill them if they weren't a
de facto monopoly.  But they're still making progress on a number of
fronts (IPTV, business intelligence).

I'm seeing 64-bit Vista systems on sale at Office Depot.  I don't know
who is buying them, but they are a sign that Microsoft still has plenty
of tracking with its more loyal vendors.

The university where my wife works is dumping their flexible IMAP setups
and going to <shudder> Microsoft Exchange.  She is, as I've noted, a
staunch Windows user.  But she currently does most of her emailing via
pine, hosted on a Linux server.  She'll have a nice eye-opener with
Outlook.  And I hope she enjoys the e-mail downtime.  And the malware
threats and phishing.  Perhaps they'll eventually force everyone to use
certificates, the way my employer has.  I'm having great trouble seeing
where the university will save money, even if Microsoft is giving their
stuff away.

--
"Microsoft has had competitors in the past. It's a good thing we have
museums to document this stuff."