Re: Linonut plonks self

* Sinister Midget peremptorily fired off this memo:

> On 2008-04-18, Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:
>> * Roy Schestowitz peremptorily fired off this memo:
>>
>>> Plonking self is actually an interesting possibility. One needn't see one's own
>>> posts anyway, as opposed to replies in highlighted threads or subthreads. In
>>> KNode you can also highlight direct and indirect responses to self using
>>> different colours.
>>
>> It is actually more than plonking, though.  I couldn't even post.
>>
>> It happened again today, though, when I tried to respond to Funky.
>
> Are you sure it was a rule? Maybe the ISP had a stupid moment. Mine
> does often. Sometimes days at a time. One of the reasons I coninue
> using leafnode is to prevent those types of errors. I let it handle
> things such as timeouts.

Well, that was my first thought.  Bellsouth (now "The New AT&T" feck)
was even worse than Comcast with the newsreaders, as they'd tend to be
flaky at 7 AM or so.

My next thought was that they were not allowing me to post to COLA
(other newsgroups didn't have this problem --- but then, they weren't
mentioned in my killfile, either.)

Right now, with the older, but freshly-compiled slrn I'm running, things
seem fine.

--
Security is, I would say, our top priority because for all the exciting
things you will be able to do with computers - organizing your lives,