[News] A Linux Newbie Describes Journey, Japanese KDE Group Explored

Confessions of a Linux newbie

,----[ Quote ]
| This year my one-and-only New Year's resolution was to begin the transition
| to open-source software in general and Linux in particular. I thought I was
| just setting out to learn a new operating system. In fact, I was entering an
| entirely new world of computing.
`----

http://www.cnet.com/8301-13880_1-9920995-68.html

Japan KDE Users Group Interview

,----[ Quote ]
| How did the Japanese KDE Users Group start?
|
| It had its beginning when Junji Takagi made a patch for operating mulitibyte
| characters such as Japanese, when Qt's version 1.x was released. Qt 1.x
| couldn't operate mulitibyte characters, so we couldn't use Japanese in KDE
| 1.x previously.
|
| After the patch was made, The Japan KDE Users' Group was launched for
| aggregating the information about KDE/Qt in Japan.
`----

http://dot.kde.org/1208472296/

Related:

Schools across Japan may switch to Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://gyaku.jp/en/index.php?cmd=contentview&pid=000112