Re: [News] [Rival] Has Microsoft CEO Just Admitted Vista is Unfinished, Semi-cooked?

____/ Matt on Friday 18 April 2008 06:28 : \____

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/144773/ballmer_vista_is_a_work_in_progress.html

>>> (How does one "democratize virtualization", anyway?)
>>

>> 'democratize' here is simply code for 'monopolize'.
>>
>> (((((
>>> "We're gonna make sure we democratize virtualization." Probably less
>>> than 5 percent of servers in the world are virtualized today, he said.
>>> "It's too darn expensive and too hard to manage. We intend to take
>>> major strides around addressing both of those."
>> )))))
>>
>> He just means they are going to sell virtualization product for peanuts
>> and take over the market.  Everybody gets the product cheap and derives
>> wonderful benefits.
>
> Let me try that again.
>
> He indicates three elements:
>
> 1) market share
> 2) expense
> 3) ease of use
>
> He says they are going to address "both of those".  I may have read too
> quickly, and I noticed only the first two.  He emphasized the last two,
> but you can see what is in his mind: the first one.

Microsoft will be sued by VMWare. Antitrust. They intend to break the rules and
this was mentioned in NYT (maybe Forbes) about a year ago. VMWare won't let
Microsoft pull a Netscape and Microsoft should be careful now that an EU
embargo has been proposed. It's stepping in glass.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Othello for free: http://othellomaster.com
Tasks: 121 total,   1 running, 120 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie