Re: IS IBM snubbing open Linux foir Mac's closed source?

> ____/ jim on Friday 18 April 2008 01:36 : \____
>
>> If so, this will be the death knell for Linux.
>>
>> http://www.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9920531-16.html?tag=bl
>>
>> You people should have listened to me and made Linux as easy to program
>> for
>> noobs as VB made it for Windows.  Hell, Mac programming is easier than
>> Linux
>> programming and Macs are kicking Linux's ass as a result.
>>
>> The ONLY thing that will save Linux's dreams of desktop acceptance (much
>> less domination) is adoption by the masses.  The only thing that the
>> masses
>> will adopt is something that is EASY to mold into what they want it to
>> be.
>>
>> No VB for Linux = no hope for the Linux desktop.
>>
>> I don't care whether you agree or even like it.  This is the cold hard
>> truth.  Now, adapt or die.
>
> Huh?
>
> No, IBM is doing both platforms. Don't ever trust CNET, whose writers
> mainly
> use Macs.

For now they are...but what if the end users say they like easy better than
cheap (and they will - they always do)?

As far as not trusting CNET....Ok....How about trusting the IBM documents
themselves?

http://www.roughlydrafted.com/2008/04/16/ibm-launches-pilot-program-for-migrating-to-macs/

> Lotus Notes 8.5 to fully support Ubuntu Linux 7.0 in mid-2008
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | "We're doing pilots with customers now," Satyadas said. "Some of the
> requests
> | came from big companies" with as many as 100,000 users that are
> interested in

> | moving to Ubuntu Linux on the desktop.
> |
> | [...]
> |
> | "Linux is cool now," he said. "We use it ourselves. We are able to offer
> | secure, rich and cost-effective Microsoft alternative."
> `----
>
> http://computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&taxonomyName=hardware&articleId=9058900&taxonomyId=12&intsrc=kc_top

Welcome to the Lotus Notes 8.5 for Mac Beta program....

http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/notesmacforum.nsf/Customer/720a4d3de548bbaa852573d40062a199?OpenDocument

jim