[News] New Ubuntu Linux Just a Week Away, Interview with Mark Shuttleworth

Shuttleworth starts countdown to Ubuntu 8.04 release

,----[ Quote ]
| The next red-letter day for Ubuntu fans will be April 24, when Ubuntu 8.04
| LTS (Long Term Support) arrives. Mark Shuttleworth, the CEO of Canonical, the
| company behind Ubuntu, guarantees that the next version of the popular Linux
| distribution will make it on time, with something for enterprise, desktop,
| and Internet users.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/132575

Spotlight on FOSS: An Interview with Mark Shuttleworth

,----[ Quote ]
| Jeremy and I were talking one day about how the world was changing so
| quickly, and we meant literally beneath our feet. In the last decade it has
| become possible to buy just about anything that can be sold on the Internet,
| newspapers are being replaced by blogs, and iTunes is the leading music
| retailer.
`----

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2008/04/15/an-interview-with-mark-shuttleworth.html

...and the O/S becomes a commodity.

Days ago:

A year later, sales of Linux on Dell computers continue to grow

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9077678&intsrc=hm_list