Re: Fat, fatter, fattest: Microsoft’s kings of bloat

____/ Homer on Thursday 17 April 2008 14:39 : \____

> Verily I say unto thee, that High Plains Thumper spake thusly:
>
>> Vista and Office 2007 are the best thing that ever happened to
>> promote Linux and OpenOffice.
>
> Yes, and I don't hold much hope for future versions of Windows/Office
> either, since most of the Vole's seasoned staff have gone, and they've
> already bet the farm on Vista (to the tune of 10 Billion USD). With no
> new (viable) products, can Microsoft survive another 6 years and another
> 10 Billion loss, producing yet another WinME clone that nobody wants?

The numbes they brag about and harp about are only intended to create hype...
perceived value if you like. Vista's codebase is everywhere in their shoddy
product (Home Server Data Corruption Edition included) and successors will
rely on it, so Windows as a whole is a codebase poo. Microsoft seems to be
spending more time hacking on XP ATM (SP3, another thinned-down version for
low-cost laptop in the making).

BTW, what's with the headline? It sounds like a description of Steve Ballmer,
not Vista and Office 2007. Maybe it's a case of owners looking like their
pets, or vice versa.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Free the mind, the source will follow"
roy      pts/2        cg093a.halls.man Tue Apr 15 07:26   still logged in