Re: [News] Vista-incapable (and Too Weak for XP) Laptop Accepts Modern GNU/Linux Distributions

____/ Homer on Thursday 17 April 2008 00:17 : \____

>> Slax 6.0 on an Ancient Prestigio 109 Laptop
>
> How's that Vista-incapable class action lawsuit progressing?

In the latest motion, Microsoft was able to block the courts from divulging
more damning evidence. They were clearly afraid of what was going to become
publicly accessible. There are some more dark secrets therein, which is why
Microsoft has E-mail purging policies (put in place by Allchin et al, IIRC,
after all the antitrust proceedings). Oh, wait, I can pull the ref...

,----[ Quote ]
| In May 2004, Judge J. Frederick Motz ordered Microsoft to
| investigate Burst.com's claim that, in 2000, Allchin ordered
| Microsoft employees to destroy email after 30 days and not to
| Microsoft employees to destroy email after 30 days and not to
| archive their email, suggesting that this deletion policy
| might be an effort to eliminate material that would later be
| damaging in court. This case was settled out of court in March
| 2005, with Microsoft agreeing to pay Burst.com $60 million
| for nonexclusive rights to Burst.com's media player software.
`----

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Allchin

You know what you should do just in case? Make a copy of  all the existing
evidence from this case (100-200 pages of E-mails, IIRC) and have it archived
just in case. You know what Microsoft did to Iowa's stash only weeks after the
trial began...

Groklaw continues to uncover Microsoft's dark secrets and present them in
context in order to explain present developments (in a "right from the horse's
mouth" fashion).

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Play Othello: http://othellomaster.com
 01:05:01 up 1 day, 23:17,  3 users,  load average: 0.30, 0.54, 0.66