[News] [Rival] Popular Mechanics Magazine Deals a Big Blow to Windows Vista

Mac vs. PC: The Ultimate Lab Test for New Desktops & Laptops

,----[ Quote ]
| PC: Simply put, Vista proved to be a more sluggish operating system than
| Leopard. Our PCs installed some software faster, but in general they were
| slower in our time trials. Plus, both PCs showed weaker performance on
| third-party benchmarks than the Macs. Our biggest surprise, however, was that
| PCs were not the relative bargains we expected them to be. The Asus M51sr
| costs the same as a MacBook, while the Gateway One actually costs $300 more
| than an iMac. That means for the price of the Gateway you could buy an iMac,
| boost its hard drive to match the Gateway's, purchase a copy of Vista to
| boot--and still save $100.
`----

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/reviews/4258725.html?page=1

Watch this new damning video:

The most painful Microsoft video ever made?

| Watching this internal Microsoft sales video, I was initially thinking that
| it might have been concocted by one of Microsoft's competitors, as a spoof
| poking fun at the company. But the appearance of Kevin Turner, the company's
| chief operating officer, gives it a stamp of legitimacy.
`----

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/microsoft/archives/136666.asp?source=rss

Wow. Microsoft is so 80s! This is just embarrassing.

Yesterday:

Vista: The kiss of death for Microsoft execs

,----[ Quote ]
| Think Microsoft is happy with Vista? Think again. Numerous top execs involved
| in its development and launch are no longer at the company, at least in one
| instance because an exec was put in a position that was certainly a demotion.
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/vista_the_kiss_of_death_for_microsoft_execs

Days ago:

Windows exec Poole leaving Microsoft (Update)

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft senior vice president Will Poole, a longtime Windows executive, is
| retiring from the company, according to a report by ZDNet blogger Mary Jo
| Foley this afternoon. No confirmation from Microsoft yet.
|
| Poole would be the latest executive to leave the company since Windows
| Vista's launch. Others include Rob Short and Michael Sievert.
`----

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/microsoft/archives/136482.asp?source=rss

Recent:

Microsoft's Vista Blogger Quits As Redmond Exodus Builds

,----[ Quote ]
| Earlier this year, Microsoft Business Division president Jeff Raikes said he
| would retire in September, to be replaced by former Juniper Networks chief
| operating officer Stephen Elop.
|
| Microsoft's merger and acquisitions chief Bruce Jaffe stepped down at the end
| of February.
|
| To boot, Microsoft chairman Bill Gates will give up full-time duties at the
| company in July.
|
| The departures highlight one of Microsoft's biggest challenges as a mature
| company: attracting and retaining Silicon Valley's top talent. In its early
| days, Microsoft could entice recruits with an entrepreneurial environment and
| stock options that eventually turned secretaries into millionaires.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=207001276&subSection=All+Stories

Vista marketing chief to bid Microsoft adieu

,----[ Quote ]
| Michael Sievert, Corporate Vice President for Windows Product Marketing, is
| moving on, according to multiple sources of mine.
|
| It’s hard to make the case that Sievert, who was responsible for the
| worldwide introduction of Windows Vista, isn’t being pushed for the
| less-than-enthusiastic public perception of Microsoft’s latest version of
| Windows. Even though Microsoft has moved 100-million-plus copies of Vista,
| many consumers and businesses still consider the new release buggy, sluggish
| and incompatible with existing software and drivers.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1158

Veteran Windows architect resigns from Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1110