Re: IBM Launches Pilot Program for Migrating to Macs

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Matt
<matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Wed, 16 Apr 2008 15:53:19 GMT
<PhpNj.1668$NU2.242@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> ?This can free us from the Windows stranglehold.?
>>
>> ?I have been a true PC stalwart for 2+ decades, but after trying
>> Vista, I?m ready for a change.?
>>
>> ?It has been easier learning the Mac than learning Vista.?
>

> Extending the issuance of new XP licenses past the June 2008 deadline
> would reduce:
>
> 1) migration by individuals from XP to Mac
> 2) migration by enterprises from XP to Linux

3) adoption by individuals and enterprises of Windows
Vista, the truly "modern" operating system that Microsoft
has been trying to push at us.  :-P

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Linux.  Because it's not the desktop that's
important, it's the ability to DO something
with it.