[News] ISO Captive of Microsoft Corporation, Seemingly Corrupted

ISO puts out a face-saving (it hopes) FAQ

,----[ Quote ]
| Dear ISO, damage control doesn't work, if you let the damage remain. That's
| like putting out a statement that if an oil spill you caused does any damage
| in the future, you'll clean it up right away, but for now, you'll leave the
| spill in place and wait to see what happens going forward. Oil spills need to
| be cleaned up before they do more damage.
|
| [...]
|
| I am sure you are relieved to hear it. Anyway, now you know. If Microsoft
| plays dirty with patents, ISO might withdraw OOXML as a standard. And as
| we've seen watching the OOXML standards process play out, when ISO says
| something, they reeeeeally, reeealy mean it.

This is truly amazing. It's like ISO has been filled with Microsoft troops who
merely take orders after the core people fled (example below). Microsoft has
single-handedly rendered ISO obsolete with its tsunami of well-documented
corruptions.

Related:

Martin Bryan: we are getting “standardization by corporation”

,----[ Quote ]
| A November informative report of Martin Bryan, Convenor, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC34
| WG1 highlights the fallout of the ECMA-376 fast-track process for ISO. He
| says he is 'glad to be retiring before the situation becomes impossible'
|
| [...]
|
| In what is an astonishingly outspoken report, Martin Bryan, Convenor, ISO/IEC
| JTC1/SC34 WG1 has given us insight into the total mess that Microsoft/ECMA
| have caused during their scandalous, underhand and unremitting attempts to
| get - what is a very poorly written specification {i.e. DIS 29500 aka OOXML,
| AR} - approved as an ISO standard. …
`----

http://www.noooxml.org/forum/t-30107/martin-bryan:we-are-getting-standardization-by-corporation

Dysfunctional ISO - Courtesy of Microsoft

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2007/12/dysfunctional-iso-courtesy-of-microsoft.html

SC34 opens the flood gates to ECMA

,----[ Quote ]
`----