[News] Linux-based Freeswitch Looks Promising Based on New Articles

FreeSWITCH, a Second-Generation Open-Source Communications Platform

,----[ Quote ]
| FreeSWITCH comes in two forms: a tarball containing just FreeSWITCH, and
| triXswitch, a bundle that includes FreeSWITCH, CentOS Linux, and WikiPBX,
| which is a sleek Web GUI control panel. triXswitch is the friendliest way to
| get acquainted with FreeSWITCH.
|
| [...]
|
| At any rate, I predict that FreeSWITCH is here to stay, so watch this space
| for some how-tos and interesting FreeSWITCH news.
`----

http://www.voipplanet.com/trends/article.php/3740621

Freeswitch: Poised to Shake Up the Open Source VoIP Scene

,----[ Quote ]
| The team is ready to roll with their final 1.0 release. Developer Mike Jerris
| told me that they have "spent 2 to 3 months working on stabilization between
| live traffic implementations. We think we've found all the real-life edge
| cases at this point." The code has reached a maturity level that the
| community and the developers feel is ready for the big milestone of a 1.0
| release on May 28. The current release is Release Candidate 2 and is
| available now from the Freeswitch web site.
`----

http://ostatic.com/158949-blog/freeswitch-poised-to-shake-up-the-open-source-voip-scene

Recent:

Open Source Soft-Switch FreeSWITCH 1.0 Release Candidate 1

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxpr.com/releases/10484.html