[News] [Rival] Microsoft Shills Wearing 'Analyst' Hats in the Press

Opinion: An XP Lite would be a smart mobile strategy for Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| Michael Gartenberg is vice president and research director for the personal
| technology and access and custom research groups at JupiterResearch in New
| York. Contact him at mgartenberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&taxonomyName=operating_systems&articleId=316119&taxonomyId=89&intsrc=kc_feat

Just sent this shill an E-mail (see below for background). He is being used to
spread Linux FUD as well. These are the $200/hour super troopers who stuff
ballots, spread lies and confuse politicians or CIOs. Some of the lowest scum
of society, except botmasters...

He replied to say just Microsoft predicted (see quotes below). He seemed "very
concerned that he [they never] look like he was [they are] selling out."

"Working behind the scenes to orchestrate "independent" praise of our
technology, and damnation of the enemy's, is a key evangelism function during
the Slog. "Independent" analyst's report should be issued, praising your
technology and damning the competitors (or ignoring them). "Independent"
consultants should write columns and articles, give conference presentations
and moderate stacked panels, all on our behalf (and setting them up as experts
in the new technology, available for just $200/hour). "Independent" academic
sources should be cultivated and quoted (and research money
granted). "Independent" courseware providers should start profiting from their
early involvement in our technology. Every possible source of leverage should
be sought and turned to our advantage."

                http://www.groklaw.net/pdf/Comes-3096.pdf
                Microsoft, internal document

“Analysts sell out - that’s their business model… But they are very concerned
that they never look like they are selling out, so that makes them very
prickly to work with.”

                Microsoft, internal document
                http://www.groklaw.net/pdf/Comes-3096.pdf

Related:

A response to that FUD piece, "Linux Still Doesn't Make it On Desktop", from
Microsoft Shill, Michael Gartenberg

http://slated.org/linux_still_doesnt_make_it_on_desktop_is_pure_fud

Evangelist Gartenberg back to being analyst

,----[ Quote ]
| After only three weeks at Microsoft as an "evangelist," Michael
| Gartenberg is returning to his old job as vice president and
| research director at JupiterResearch.
`----

http://news.com.com/2061-10805_3-6165381.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&subj=news

Need some data to support your cause? Hire an analyst

`----

http://www.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9894178-16.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=TheOpenRoad

http://advice.cio.com/thomas_wailgum/it_research_brought_to_you_by?page=0%2C0