[News] Kevin Carmony: Microsoft Paid Linspire Millions of Sell Out

Quoted indirectly to highlight a response:

,----[ Quote ]
| [Carmoney [sic]:] "Many disagreed with the MS partnership, but it brought us
| millions in new sources of revenue, all without having any of the negative
| effects on the desktop Linux space that some predicted the MS/Linux deals
| would. I reduced our losses by millions in my first year as CEO, and made
| millions in profits my second year."
|
| He made millions in profit in the short term, by destroying a GNU/Linux
| company's reputation. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to sell out to
| Microsoft. Any GNU/Linux distro which has a significant community could pull
| millions or more by selling out to Microsoft.
`----

http://www.fsdaily.com/Business/Truth_is_Treason_in_the_Empire_of_Lies_Linspire_Fact_Sheet_Coming_Soon

Antitrust regulators hopefully watch how Microsoft bribes its competitors to
stop competing and join the Trust.

Related:

Linspire deal: What will ESR and Shuttleworth do now?

,----[ Quote ]
| Will Shuttleworth continue to collaborate with a company which has now
| caved in to a protection racket? Or will he do stick to the principle
| behind the whole FOSS movement and walk away from the deal? We're watching
| and waiting, Mark.

Freespire, Linspire, and Microsoft patents

,----[ Quote ]