Re: [News] Vapourware to the Rescue of Sagging Sales of XPox360 [sic]?

____/ Philip on Monday 14 April 2008 22:44 : \____

http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/the-game-guy/the-game-guy/2008/04/forget-the-motion-sensitive-remote-microsoft-just-fix-xbox-360/

> Which goes to show you that a SW company know nothing of bringing high
> quality HW to market. Classic mistakes of a design shop with little
> practical experience in reliable HW design methods. Perhaps MS
> management ran roughshod over any experienced engineers they did have. A
> little bird told me that MS has been bringing in more experienced HW
> engineers to fix this.

The Japanese (maybe the Chinese also) appear to be ahead in that regard. One of
the guys who studies the XBox 360's internal and called it a mess was
Japanese, IIRC.

It's truly astounding that even in the US, the top 3 (best-selling) consoles
are Japanese and the last one (fourth) is the American one.

Apple shows that excuses for bad hardware are not a national thing, but then
again it mainly integrates components, so it's a question of design morelike.

Speaking of poor hardware, the Zune is based on a failed Toshiba WinCE device.
The Zune had some serious bugs at the time and it's hardly heard from anymore.
It'll just go the way of the dodo... another budget drainer among many more.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Othello for free: http://othellomaster.com