Re: Wintel pumping money into open source startup ..

____/ Doug Mentohl on Monday 14 April 2008 19:05 : \____

> "Microsoft .. is working with SpikeSource .. so far certified five PHP
> applications for Microsoft's new server operating system"
>
> "Wintel pumping money into an open source startup. But Intel has long
> supported open source companies, and Microsoft is learning to do the
> same -- at least for selected, highly strategic engagements"
>
> http://tinyurl.com/573d7t

http://www.thevarguy.com/2008/04/03/microsoft-certifying-open-source-apps-for-windows-server-2008/

You can put a dress on a pig, but it's still a pig, not a girlfriend. What sane
person would wish to put PHP software on a Windows server?

Intel's joint-by-the-hip relationship with Microsoft is becoming more than
apparent. They ought to do some serious reorgs at the top to end this 'axis'
of Microsoft-Intel executives if Intel wishes to remain relevant without
bribery, corruption, and bald-faced deception. Intel is already investigated
in several continents, with action yet to follow. An embargo on Microsoft
products was proposed in the EU last week. With an ongoing Intel investigation
there, you could expect the same to apply to Intel some time in the future.
You see, in hardware, unlike software, there are hardly any lock-in. Intel
would be devastated unless it finds new friends and sacks those who were (and
still are) responsible for crime that they hide by purging E-mails.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Mod me up and I'll mod you 'insightful'"