[News] New NVIDIA Driver, 6 GNU/Linux Distributions Released

NVIDIA 173.08 Linux Display Driver

,----[ Quote ]
| The new NVIDIA products supported by this 173.08 binary driver update include
| the GeForce 8400, 8400GS, 9500M GS, 9600GT, 9800GTX, and 9800GX2.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=nvidia_17308&num=1

A wave of new (and important release):

Nonux 4.4

http://www.nnlinux.com/

Slax 6.0.5

http://www.slax.org/

gOS 2.9

http://dev.thinkgos.com/

(R)ecovery (I)s (P)ossible Linux 4.4

http://www.tux.org/pub/people/kent-robotti/looplinux/rip/

Berry 0.89

http://berry.sourceforge.jp/

New kid on the block:

NixOS: A Purely Functional Linux Distribution

,----[ Quote ]
| We have implemented this model in NixOS, a non-trivial Linux distribution
| that uses the Nix package manager to build the entire system configuration
| from a purely functional specification.
`----

http://people.cs.uu.nl/andres/NixOS.pdf

Related: