[News] Introduction to GNU/Linux Audio with PulseAudio

Adjust Volume of Individual Applications with PulseAudio

,----[ Quote ]
| PulseAudio is the new sound server that’s being included in Ubuntu 8.04 and
| other recent Linux distros. A sound server lets changes be made to sound
| between the applications and sound hardware layers. Among other features,
| PulseAudio provides per-application volume controls, a plugin architecture,
| low-latency, networking features, and good application compatibility.
`----

http://tombuntu.com/index.php/2008/04/10/adjust-volume-of-individual-applications-with-pulseaudio/

Recent:

What's Cooking in PulseAudio's glitch-free Branch

,----[ Quote ]
| A while ago I started development of special branch of PulseAudio which is
| called glitch-free. In a few days I will merge it back to PulseAudio trunk,
| and eventually release it as 0.9.11.
`----

http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/pulse-glitch-free.html

Audio in Linux is awesome

,----[ Quote ]
| I can’t wait for PulseAudio. I’m sure that will make all of this even easier.
`----

http://darkness.codefu.org/wordpress/2007/12/15/292

Why Vista sounds worse

,----[ Quote ]