[News] Brantford, Ontario Moves to Open Source Software Data Integration

City of Brantford turns to open source for data integration

,----[ Quote ]
| An Ontario city has opted to use open source software to integrate a number
| of its most important applications, choosing to turn away from larger,
| proprietary options.
`----

http://www.intergovworld.com/article/3a2d8b5c0a0104080023a1fd13d40c0d/pg1.htm

Yesterday:

Ontario Linux Fest 2008 date announcement

,----[ Quote ]
| Ontario Linux Fest will be held on Saturday, 25 October 2008, in
| Toronto. We couldn't be more excited about our plans. We expect to
| build on the success of our 2007 event (Hey! We're annual now!) with
| more presentations in more tracks, the return of our popular Hands-on
| software demo room, and all of the Birds of a Feather, dot-org pavilion,
| exhibition hall and meet-space social networking you've come to
| expect.
`----

http://onlinux.ca/2008date

Related:

Free Ontario

,----[ Quote ]
| It doesn't matter if they end up switching wholesale to Ubuntu Linux, adopt
| AbiWord as the Provincial word processor, or even just make the move to use
| Firefox on all desktops. The Goal is to raise awareness. The Goal is to get
| our foot in the door. Once it’s in, we can do more.
|
| Show them the power of Open Source. Show them the power of a community
| working together. Show them how to think differently.
|
| Show them how to make a Free Ontario.
`----

http://therabidpenguin.blogspot.com/2007/12/free-ontario.html

Ontario Linuxfest 2007

http://www.bioslevel.com/index.php/reviews/aid/1193463081

The Long Road To Free Software in Quebec

,----[ Quote ]
| The report was overwhelming: “ We have no control over our own information
| systems! And yet that is the one and only area in which we can achieve the
| necessary gains in productivity.” That day, I came to understand the many
| needs that are fulfilled by free software and how it is of crucial importance
| to our country’s economy.
`----

http://www.savoirfairelinux.com/english/news/articles/la-longue-route-du-logiciel-libre-au-quebec/

Ontario Linux Fest