Re: [News] Linn Makes Open Source Music Software

thad05@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Wrote

> ml2mst <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> sudo apt-get install ubuntustudio-desktop ubuntustudio-gdm-theme
>> ubuntustudio-audio ubuntustudio-audio-plugins
>> ubuntustudio-default-settings ubuntustudio-icon-theme
>> ubuntustudiolauncher ubuntustudio-graphics ubuntustudio-look
>> ubuntustudio-menu ubuntustudio-screensaver ubuntustudio-sounds
>> ubuntustudio-wallpapers ubuntustudio-video usplash-theme-ubuntustudio
>> ubuntustudio-theme
>>
>> Paste it in a terminal window and let apt do all the work for you.
>
> I've been playing with ubuntu studio for a few months now including
> optional video editing stuff.  It still has a few rough edges as
> far as UI appearance, but overall I'm very impressed.  It can do
> most everything you would expect from a commercial suite costing
> thousands.

I'm sorry I don't have any experience with Video editing, except for
Istanbul (a screen recorder). But as a musician I really have good
experiences with Ubuntu.

There is another distribution for musicians, called JackLab, but
unfortunately it's based on on openSUSE, including all its hassles (the
horrible package management in Yast).

There are even more distributions for musicians out there, but Unbuntu
does the job for me, perfectly right ;-)

Cheers

--
|_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
|_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com