[News] ISO Might Take Alternative Route (Harmonisation) After OOXML Fiasco, Protests

  • Subject: [News] ISO Might Take Alternative Route (Harmonisation) After OOXML Fiasco, Protests
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 02:48:15 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
ISO takes up Open XML-ODF 'harmonization' as Norwegians protest

,----[ Quote ]
| The ISO has taken over control of the Open XML specification and started a
| committee to consider harmonization with the OpenDocument Format (ODF).
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9916324-7.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=NewsBlog

Related:

Martin Bryan: we are getting “standardization by corporation”

,----[ Quote ]
| A November informative report of Martin Bryan, Convenor, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC34
| WG1 highlights the fallout of the ECMA-376 fast-track process for ISO. He
| says he is 'glad to be retiring before the situation becomes impossible'
|
| [...]
|
| In what is an astonishingly outspoken report, Martin Bryan, Convenor, ISO/IEC
| JTC1/SC34 WG1 has given us insight into the total mess that Microsoft/ECMA
| have caused during their scandalous, underhand and unremitting attempts to
| get - what is a very poorly written specification {i.e. DIS 29500 aka OOXML,
| AR} - approved as an ISO standard. …
`----

http://www.noooxml.org/forum/t-30107/martin-bryan:we-are-getting-standardization-by-corporation

Dysfunctional ISO - Courtesy of Microsoft

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2007/12/dysfunctional-iso-courtesy-of-microsoft.html

Microsoft accused of stacking ISO committee

`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=1777