[News] Migration to GNU/Linux Makes Windows Look Archaic

Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| It’s been a long time since I’ve blogged about my Linux experience.  That’s
| because my experience has been everything that it should be - no unpleasant
| surprises, no glaring deficiencies, no disappointments…
|
| Almost any flavor of Linux available now makes any version of Windows look -
| um - archaic - now.
`----

http://joebuckley.wordpress.com/2008/04/27/linux/

Related:

After Ubuntu, Windows Looks Increasingly Bad, Increasingly Archaic,
Increasingly Unfriendly

,----[ Quote ]
| My recent switch to a single-boot Ubuntu setup on my Thinkpad T60
| simply floors me on a regular basis. Most recently it's had to do
| with the experience of maintaining the software. Fresh from a
| very long Windows 2000 experience and a four-month Windows XP
| experience along with a long-time Linux sys admin role puts me in
| a great position to assess Ubuntu. Three prior attempts over the
| years at using Linux as my daily desktop OS had me primed for
| failure. Well, Ubuntu takes Linux where I've long hoped it would
| go - easy to use, reliable, dependable, great applications too
| but more on that later. It has some elegance to it - bet you
| never heard that about a Linux desktop before.
`----

http://linux.sys-con.com/read/382946.htm

Ubuntu 1, Windows 0

,----[ Quote ]